new to LawnWorld Forum

EdsDixon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to all that read this, I have a question to throw out to see others opinions. My Family started selling Dixon ZTR mowers back in 1974. I have been driving what we call "Stick Steer" mowers ever since. But, I have stayed Dixon Specific. I currently have a 1996 4421 and a newer 421 - they are the clutch drive type and I am ready to go hydrostatic. Within the family we have Bad Boy, And Ferris. I have used a newer Craftsman I am NOT impressed - Deck was junk.
I am looking at the Hustler, Raptor SD in either 42 or 48. Could I get some viewpoints good and bad

Craptor Owner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to all that read this, I have a question to throw out to see others opinions. My Family started selling Dixon ZTR mowers back in 1974. I have been driving what we call "Stick Steer" mowers ever since. But, I have stayed Dixon Specific. I currently have a 1996 4421 and a newer 421 - they are the clutch drive type and I am ready to go hydrostatic. Within the family we have Bad Boy, And Ferris. I have used a newer Craftsman I am NOT impressed - Deck was junk.
I am looking at the Hustler, Raptor SD in either 42 or 48. Could I get some viewpoints good and bad
I would avoid the Raptor line. It has had issues for years and still not redesigned or engineered to address them. Excell is of little help when trying to get a permanent repair. You will get more blame for the poorly designed frame breaking. Hydro belts thrown and poor deck design. At least they went to an open deck finally. Replaced 6 hydro brackets that had broken or bent. Was told they are updated reinforced yet they look exactly the same. Unless you enjoy repairing your mower to be reliable rather than mowing.... 140 hours and several trips to the dealer. Also I get grief about trailering the mower yet it is 3 hours round trip for warranty.

Craptor Owner

Forum Newbie
Threads
I too have had several Dixons over the years. All cone drive. 2-311 mowers with a 13.5 and a 14.5 upgrade. Great for wheelies. Have a 314 that is being resurrected this month for a backup to the Raptor SD.