new to Lawn World

EdsDixon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to all that read this, I have a question to throw out to see others opinions. My Family started selling Dixon ZTR mowers back in 1974. I have been driving what we call "Stick Steer" mowers ever since. But, I have stayed Dixon Specific.I currently have a 1996 4421and a new 421 - they are the clutch drive type and I am ready to go hydrostatic. Within the family we have Bad Boy, And Ferris.I have driven a newer Craftsman I am NOT impressed - Decks are junk.
I am looking at Gravely Zero turn. I would like to hear first hand accounts of peoples experiences good or bad. I am looking at the ZT X and ZT XL I am also looking at Ariens Edge or Ikon series

Ken22

Threads
Proud ZTX 42 owner here ?. I went looking for a ZTR mower last summer to replace my 13 year old Husqvarna rider. I have JD, Husqvarna, Kubota, Cub Cadet and Gravely dealers near me. I'm old school and would only buy from a dealer. JD was okay and salesman showed me the features. Husqvarna and Cub Cadet dealers gave me brochures ?. Kubota although a really good machine was out of my price range. Then I went to the Gravely dealer. He was the only one that asked me about terrain, amount of grass and obstacles before we even talked price. I bought the ZTX 42. I couldn't justify the extra $1,000 for the ZTXL which was a better value. To get a comparable JD, Cub Cadet or Husqvarna would have cost an extra $1,000. I cut 3 1/2 acres of grass on moderate slopes and a few obstacles. I use it only to cut mowed grass. Gravely has a 5 year warranty with no hour limit. The deck is a three blade manufacture deck. The frame is heavier than the others. Most of tires, drives and motors are the same in all makes of this level. The difference comes in how they're engineered and put together. The ZTXL has a heavier hydrostatic drive, bigger tires and the next step up in seats. I have 52 hours on my ZTX and have had no problems. I serviced and waxed mine today.