New Sun Joe 16" Li-ion battery powered lawn mower

MowerMike

Threads
I just spotted this on Amazon, and it appears to be almost a clone of the Black & Decker 16" Li-ion battery powered mower that I reported in another thread. In particular, the underside of the deck and blade appear to be identical, so I'd assume the same manufacturer has made this mower for both B&D and Sun Joe. The only apparent significant difference is the battery, which is Sun Joe's proprietary Eco Sharp 40 volt 4 Ah battery. The claimed run time is 40 minutes with a single battery, which is longer than B&D's claimed 30 minute run time with 2 batteries. The price of the Sun Joe is $70 more than the B&D product, and currently B&D is offering a $20 discount coupon on Amazon, so I can't see any compelling reason to choose the Sun Joe over the B&D mower.

61gAXo7tUbL._SL1500_.jpg61tuUpTcF1L._SL1500_.jpg61WgOc7UHlL._SL1500_.jpg616z4vmw6SL._SL1500_.jpg

MowerMike

Threads
I found some information on the Snow Joe website:

Sun Joe iON 40-Volt Cordless 16-Inch Lawn Mower w/ Brushless Motor - iON16LM

One thing I noticed in the Specifications section is that this mower does not have a mulching capability, and is a bagger only. This severely restricts its usability, since most people like to mulch at least part of the time when cutting their lawns.

Does this mean the B&D version is also a bagger only ?