New owner Zt hd 48"

Threads
New owner member of a gravely 48" zt HD . Just bought the mower today, cut my mowing time in half. Hope to have many more trouble free years! I have just over a acre, machine never bogged down once . Typical wife, wanted me to settle for the zt 42". But I was finally able to convience her that this is the model that would suite ourn needs the beat

sk11venge

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can say that is a nice mower because i have the same exact one :biggrin: Here lately though i have been trying to quiet down some rattling going on around the deck area when the blades are on and the engine is at full speed. At first i thought it was the anti scalp wheels on the deck so i tightened them all down except the one underneath the deck but that didnt fix it. Everything seems tight so i havent a clue where the noise is coming from but its loud enough to hear when im mowing. I got just over 10 hours on mine so far.

Threads
I have a similar noise. I believe it's the belt tensioner. It sounds like the tensioner spring is hitting the deck. I prolly put some sea deck I have around the house to place in between the deck and spring. See if it helps.

sk11venge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks nice and clean! Did you get the Kawasaki engine or the Brigs? I think i found that spring you spoke of, i noticed it has left a spot underneath it on the deck where its been rubbing so i put something there to see if that will quiet the noise down.

Threads
I have the 23 kawi, I hope it solves the noise for u. I'll start investigating my noise . Only 2 hours on the mower, 1st cu with it.

Threads
I figured out my little rattle noise was the belt tensioner spring hitting the deck.
I put a piece if seadeck (boat deck foam) on the deck and stopped the noise. Hope this helps others!

Used the mower for the 2nd time. Cut my front yard in 30-40 min, 2.6hrs on the mower. I'm really impressed with the mower. I can not imagine what a full commercial mower is capable of, I'm thoroughly pleased with my new mower. I may actually mow my yard once a week now and not dread mowing.

sk11venge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, thats the same black spring that I put something under it, next time I mow soon I will see if it has helped or not. Theres no doubt, its a good machine, built to last. To be honest though, I am still learning the zero turn thing, trying to not tear up the grass when I turn and during zero turns. One thing that makes it harder for me to gauge when to move the leavers back into reverse is there isnt much feel for a neutral point if you know what i mean. I guess I just need to get used to stopping almost completely and then do the turn or something. Ive watched a few youtube videos on the subject as well. I noticed the tires on the mower seem very sticky as well, much better than the old sears I had before.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, thats the same black spring that I put something under it, next time I mow soon I will see if it has helped or not. Theres no doubt, its a good machine, built to last. To be honest though, I am still learning the zero turn thing, trying to not tear up the grass when I turn and during zero turns. One thing that makes it harder for me to gauge when to move the leavers back into reverse is there isnt much feel for a neutral point if you know what i mean. I guess I just need to get used to stopping almost completely and then do the turn or something. Ive watched a few youtube videos on the subject as well. I noticed the tires on the mower seem very sticky as well, much better than the old sears I had before.

It took me two seasons to learn how to make a zero turn without causing divets. One of the easiest ways is to make what is called the Y turn. Just remember to keep both back tires moving. When the inside tire stops moving during a turn that is what causes the divet. If you stop at the end and start backing up a little before pulling one lever backwards further. Both wheels will be moving then and you can spin around without damaging the turf.

Pop639

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same rattle on my zthd 52, do you think it means the spring needs more tension?