New Oil Filter for FR/FS & FX Kawasaki's 49065-0724

Lawn Addict
Threads
This was from the Dealer, said it is correct for the F Kaw engines. it is smaller than the 49065-0721

But 1/2" longer approx. But I can't find it to cross over ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I fit the Stens B & S Long filter to everything that has a Unified thread & enough space for it to fit.
The specifications for all mower engine oil filters are so close there is just about no practical difference.
It is a tribute to the power of the advertising industry that so many get their knickers in a knot about them .
If the filter is too close to the engine then they get a Kohler or Kawasaki filter and if the space is too small then the B & S small / Tecumseh oil filter goes in.
Changed every 2nd or 3rd oil change .
You would have to run a mower engine for 1000 + hours with no main jet to develop enough crud to fill a mower oil filter .
I have had mowers come in that are better than 10 years old still running the original oil filter with no drastic engine wear .

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hear ya Bert. I'm getting a new Zero turn Thursday, with same Kaw engine. I just want to keep it happy.

Like I have for 7 years on my Toro, which still runs & looks like new

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Congrats on your new purchase Buddy!
I haven't fitted a Kawasaki filter in a little while after i read that Fram was making them.. Been crossing what I can to Wix or. Purolator.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hear ya Bert. I'm getting a new Zero turn Thursday, with same Kaw engine. I just want to keep it happy.

Like I have for 7 years on my Toro, which still runs & looks like new
Is the new Kaw going to have an air filter as good as your old one?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is the new Kaw going to have an air filter as good as your old one?
Cpurvis- Not immediately. But it will. I'll be trying to be careful with warranty. 3 yrs on engine, & 5 yrs on the rest.

Never had 2 Z's at once. LOL At least till I find a good home for my pampered & preened Toro.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congrats on your new purchase Buddy!
I haven't fitted a Kawasaki filter in a little while after i read that Fram was making them.. Been crossing what I can to Wix or. Purolator.
Thanks You Sir. I didn't know fram was making them. Not crazy about that. Thanks for the 411.(y)

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Cpurvis- Not immediately. But it will. I'll be trying to be careful with warranty. 3 yrs on engine, & 5 yrs on the rest.

Never had 2 Z's at once. LOL
Maybe if you get skilled enough, you can ride both of the Z's like a Rodeo trick rider standing up riding two horses at once, LOL
;)

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe if you get skilled enough, you can ride both of the Z's like a Rodeo trick rider standing up riding two horses at once, LOL
;)
I like that idea, I should try it. LOL :D If you don't hear from me in a while, it did not go well. LOL

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I like that idea, I should try it. LOL :D If you don't hear from me in a while, it did not go well. LOL
Okay, i'll send the search and rescue out if i don't hear from ya.