New Member from the UK

geoff_m

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Everyone,
I've recently purschased two second-hand self-propelled 'push' mowers, so looking for advice on deciding which one to keep. I've grown up mowing my parents 1/3 acre lawn, so used to the cleaning/service side of it, and am pretty competent as a DIY mechanic...but was looking for some tips or advice.
Both were Ebay purchases and both have their pro's and con's

The first is a Husqvarna R146SE - (i'm not sure if there is a US equivalent?) but it was built in 2007 and has a Briggs & Stratton 675 engine, on the plus side, its been in storage for 18 months+ but still starts everytime...it's much lighter than the other mower, and has the option of electric start. but con's is the the area around the grass chute is rusted away. the grass bag was also ripped (but think i fixed that?) - purchased for £50

The other is a Hayter 48 roller mower, it was built in 1992, and has a Briggs & Stratton 129 series engine.
Pro's is that it has an aluminium allow body, parts are cheap, is easy to dis-assemble as the basic design has been around forever! Cons is that it's much heavier than the Husq. and isn't exactly a slow walking pace, - purchased for £35
So if anyone has any advice on either of these models, and potential issues it would be most welcome.20211123_180854000_iOS.jpg20211123_180928000_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
I'm going to move this thread over to our mower buying and pricing section. I know that technically you've already bought both, but it's a good area for comparisons, so you should find some helpful suggestions over there.