New Member from Alabama

BDevine

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Evening Everyone,

New guy here to seek some advice on a future purchase for residential use.

I live on 5 1/2 acres on which a little over two are maintained by mowing. Of the two acres, approximately 1 acre has some pretty significant slopes ranging from about 15-25 degrees and a very small section that is near 30 degrees.

I have a Husqvarna YTH 42 lawn tractor from my previous residence I use on the “flat” acre and use a 22 in Honda self propelled on the slopes.

At age 60, the knees and hips are starting to make mowing those slopes more difficult.

I’m looking to see if anyone could recommend a zero turn or stander that could manage most of the sloped terrain? I realize I’m going to need to step up into the commercial lines to find something that comes close to adequate. I prefer a 42-48 inch deck as I do have a few gates to deal with.

Budget? Would like to stay in $8-10k range or less. Much of that depends on the “sales job” I can do on the wife. ???

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
Good luck on your mower search!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!

You should find lots of good advice around here :)

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome aboard, across from me is a farm & my friend (the owner) said to his Dealer he would buy any Z, as long as it would hang on hills..
They assured him a Cub Cadet would. And I know he would return if it didn't. he now has almost 1,000 hours on it..

So I'd say he is happy w/it on his hilly slopes.. His is a 60" commercial w/Kawasaki power. Just giving you what I know from him, as something to possibly explore.

BDevine

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome aboard, across from me is a farm & my friend (the owner) said to his Dealer he would buy any Z, as long as it would hang on hills..
They assured him a Cub Cadet would. And I know he would return if it didn't. he now has almost 1,000 hours on it..

So I'd say he is happy w/it on his hilly slopes.. His is a 60" commercial w/Kawasaki power. Just giving you what I know from him, as something to possibly explore.

Interestingly enough the cub cadet pro z series was one of the ones I was looking at.

Thank you!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool, well my friend the farmer has a steering wheel Cub. That may be helpful on slopes. IDK ?
But would be worth inquiring about at a Cub dealer. Tell them your needs. & some dealers will let you test one at your place.

Doesn't hurt to ask anyhow..