New lawn mower advice

Partsman41953

Threads
Hello, I have a 5 or 6 year old Toro model #20331, that is in good condition but with a combination of having a lawn with a slope and a herniated disc in my back I think it is time to sell and purchase a different mower. I am looking for a mower that not only is self propelled but also one that has an electric starter and moves easily in reverse when being

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A little different, consider a standing mower or at least try one out.
Not cheap but but neither is a week in hospital.
Down here we only get the the Toro & the JD but they are gradually replacing the walk behind self propelled .

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
One thing to consider is the grade, steepness, of the yard. If there is some actual uphill mowing you probably want a rear wheel drive, somewhat uncommon these days. Most SP mowers are pretty easy to pull backwards if maintained. I'd also look for an actual brand name on the engine, Briggs, Honda, Kohler, etc. rather than the mower's name on a generic Chinese motor.

gotomow

Threads
Take a look at the Toro 20334. Electric start, rear wheel drive self propelled. Stay away from Honda mowers if you want something that's easy to pull back on.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would recommend the Toro model 20384 over 20334. Cast deck models are easier to maneuver around.

cruzenmike

Threads
With any RWD Toro that had the personal pace system. You can add the traction assist handle which will help you going to the hills. Rather than pushing the handle down to propel as you are also trekking up the hills, you can squeeze the two handles together and let it help pull you up the hill. You can get electric start in a couple of models, but I do not believe that the powered reverse is one of them. Check this link out for all of the Toro models. Just start away from the TimeMaster as it will be heavy and not good for maneuvering with your bad back.