New Husqvarna MZ54

dec1000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Finally was able to get the new Zero Turn MZ54 delivered on Thursday and started mowing with it on Saturday morning. Mowed for about 2 hours and then the blades stopped. Upon inspection, I see that the spring on the idler for the deck belt is broke. Not a good look for a brand new mower. Questioning now if I made a good decision on buying a Husqvarna.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No
However the spring should be covered by warranty so call the dealer.
Be nice & express your great dissapointment about the failure on a machine you would have though would run fine for years

Otis3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a new mz52le first hour .....spindle pulley wasn’t tightened and it was wobbled out. Called dealer and they came and got it and brought it back next day with a new spindle and pulley. Been a good mower since. Bought a seat suspension for it. You’ll be thankful if you do too. I have a lot of problem with wheel spin.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree with Bert, but will add one thing. Start a file on everything you or the dealer has to do, including dates and hours. That way if something should happen down the road you have something to remind you and the dealer of the past.

dec1000

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree with Bert, but will add one thing. Start a file on everything you or the dealer has to do, including dates and hours. That way if something should happen down the road you have something to remind you and the dealer of the past.
I got mine from Lowes trying to save a few dollars. Buying from a dealer with a shop probably would of saved me the headache. Every dealer that I could find tells you that it will be 5 or 6 weeks before they can look at it whereas if I bought it from them they probably would of wanted to get me in sooner. Husqvarna customer support is no help. Still broke.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Give us the model and serial numbers off the ID tag and a picture of where there broken part goes. We will then get you the part number for the part if you really want you fix it yourself.

dec1000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Give us the model and serial numbers off the ID tag and a picture of where there broken part goes. We will then get you the part number for the part if you really want you fix it yourself.
I got the spring and replaced that and in 2 hours it was broke again. The deck belt is not supposed to be adjustable, but the idler spring hooks into a eyelet bolt that has 3 inches of thread on it. I have asked Husqvarna the procedure of how that is supposed to be tightened up and all they will say is take it to a dealer that their engineers don't deal with consumers only dealers. After the second time breaking I looked at it and another thing I have found is the part number for the belt that came from the factory is different from the one in the parts book and from what research I have done the belt that is on there is 2 inches shorter than the one the parts book calls for. I ordered the belt and am waiting for it to arrive and will try it again.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Personally I’d be taking it back to Lowe’s. Even if you get it fixed, you’re always going to have the thought, what’s going to go next. That’s just my opinion.

dec1000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Personally I’d be taking it back to Lowe’s. Even if you get it fixed, you’re always going to have the thought, what’s going to go next. That’s just my opinion.
Lowes has a bunch of exclusions on power equipment and appliances, so that's not an option.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Then I would be contacting husqvarna, they don’t like negative reviews.