Leaves New hose on Tiger Cub with collection system

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Troops,
Replaced the 8" hose on my Scag ZTR collection system as the original one was getting tired. I was pleased with the increase in airflow while picking up leaves. The new hose has a much smoother interior and this contributes to the better airflow. I patched up the holes in the old hose and did a test run, changed the hose and I was pleasantly surprised by the increase in airflow. I had replaced the 6" hose on one of my Ingersoll tractors that have Hydrabaggers and noticed an increase in airflow. The new hose has no wire support but a polyurethane support in place of the wire.
The snow in my area is finally gone but the leaves still haven't all come down, strange year for us commercial guys, will be still mowing on Christmas Eve and have already plowed snow in October!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Those hoses do start breaking up... I have patched my 7 inch and am tempted to change everything to 8 inch... 7 is not as common to find... eBay has a good variety .. Next spring I may do as you have....
I do hope we have no snow for at least another month... :smile:KennyV

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi KennyV and group,
7" is not a very common size. I get hose from www.blastgateco.com/Flex-Hose.php They show 7" available in some hoses. They have a nice selection and very quick shipping. Ordered on Monday, received a shipping and tracking email shortly after, FEDEX dropped it off on Wednesday afternoon. The company is in Michigan.
I cut the hose longer than the original one to keep the hose farther away from the right rear tire.

guest2

Threads
Hi Troops,
Replaced the 8" hose on my Scag ZTR collection system as the original one was getting tired. I was pleased with the increase in airflow while picking up leaves. The new hose has a much smoother interior and this contributes to the better airflow. I patched up the holes in the old hose and did a test run, changed the hose and I was pleasantly surprised by the increase in airflow. I had replaced the 6" hose on one of my Ingersoll tractors that have Hydrabaggers and noticed an increase in airflow. The new hose has no wire support but a polyurethane support in place of the wire.
The snow in my area is finally gone but the leaves still haven't all come down, strange year for us commercial guys, will be still mowing on Christmas Eve and have already plowed snow in October!!!

How did you patch your hoses. Mine split and I have not found a good what to patch them that holds yet. thanks.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I put duct tape on the inside of the hose as a temporary fix so I could compare airflow to the new hose. I don't normally patch up a hose as I usually have spares. But I don't have a spare for my Scag Tiger Cub.