New guy with Mower and Hill-related questions

DriverofLYN274

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello forum members,

I just joined looking for advice. I currently have a lawn company coming to take care of my lawn, but I want to purchase a mower of my own for next year at some point. My only problem is, I am not sure what type of mower I need and how I should tackle my backyard. Most of my yard is relatively tame slope-wise, but my house is on a hill and the steepest portion (according to my camera app) seems to be about 25-26 degrees slope at the most, gradually returning to mostly 20 and then under 15.

My question is, what should I use to mow this steep of a hill? I see a lot of the commercial guys using stand-up mowers and zero-turns, but I was wondering what the right tool for the job would be. I currently have a Honda walk-behind, but with the amount of land I have, I'd be out there for hours! I can include pictures if it helps.

Thanks in advance!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
ideally you should be using a mower with a horizontal crank engine which will handle the hills without the chance of oil failure.
Professional mower operators know how to mow hills to avoid this happening but owners tend to molly coddle, mow a lot slower then BANG no more engine .
Lots of older GARDEN TRACTORS around with this type of set up , or a used commercial .
If your pockets are deep enough then look at the Walkers or Grass Hoppers