New Gravely Proturn Z 60" Zero Turn - Fellow ZTR owners - Is this behavior correct or does my mower need to be adjusted?

davef_dci

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Gravely Proturn Z 60" Zero Turn - Fellow ZTR owners - Is this behavior correct or does my mower need to be adjusted?
Hey kind folks,

I am the proud owner of a new Gravely Proturn Z 60" I replaced an Ariens Zoom 42 and so far I really like the wider cut, faster speed and a much nicer seat. However it behavious quite a bit different from my Ariens in a way that I wasn't sure if it's intentional or not.

With the Ariens - if you took your hands off the control levers they would spring back to the "neutral" position and the mower would come to a stop. However, with the Gravely, if you push the levers forward and let go they just stay there.

Where this is causing some difficulty for me (and my wife) is when I set the parking brake and hop off the mower I tend to nudge the control levers out of the neutral position. When I get back on and release the parking brake, because the levers are out of the neutral position the mower will then lurch a bit forward which is unnerving (it only does this if the control levers are pushed forward - if you pull them back and let go they will return to neutral).

Here is a quick video showing what I mean. If you pull the control levers back and let go they'll return. If you push them forward and let go they just stay where they are.

Is this intentional or is this something that is a problem and should be fixed? If it can be fixed, is this something I can do myself? My mower is brand new and I don't want to mess it up but I keep the mower on some recreation property and I only get there on weekends so getting the mower to the local implement dealer for service isn't all that easy.