New EGO Z6 42" ZTR Mower

MowerMike

Threads
So, we now know where the new EGO 56 volt 10 Ah batteries will be used, since they are too large to fit in the current walk-behind mowers. It will be interesting to see how much this will cost, since the current offerings from Greenworks and others are priced in the stratosphere. Assuming each 10 Ah battery weighs 9 lbs, with 4 batteries it would weigh about 444 lbs, which is about 170 lbs less than the Ryobi 75 Ah 42" ZTR with SLA batteries.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
And how much would replacement batteries cost to repower that machine? But it's pretty amazing what's possible with battery power these days.

MowerMike

Threads
And how much would replacement batteries cost to repower that machine?

I think the individual 10 Ah batteries cost $450 to $500, and you need a minimum of two to power the mower. It comes with four batteries and has room to install up to six. Assuming a five year lifespan, this works out to $400 / year to replace four batteries every five years

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think the individual 10 Ah batteries cost $450 to $500, and you need a minimum of two to power the mower. It comes with four batteries and has room to install up to six. Assuming a five year lifespan, this works out to $400 / year to replace four batteries every five years
And add to that the slow degrading of each battery so after charge, it will mow a little less & if you run one dead flat it might not recharge at all .
Then those 2 acres are 2 acres of fairway quality lawn being cut 1/2 " not a house yard with tress , & sheds & garden beds & pools & pergolas and what ever else to navigate around .

gainestruk

Threads
So, we now know where the new EGO 56 volt 10 Ah batteries will be used, since they are too large to fit in the current walk-behind mowers. It will be interesting to see how much this will cost, since the current offerings from Greenworks and others are priced in the stratosphere. Assuming each 10 Ah battery weighs 9 lbs, with 4 batteries it would weigh about 444 lbs, which is about 170 lbs less than the Ryobi 75 Ah 42" ZTR with SLA batteries.

I saw on a video (not sure of name of video) that the mower will be in $5000 range, if you Google mower you can find a couple reviews, I did watch Dirt Monkey's review on Youtube and mower is pretty strong, he mowed some tall stuff and it had no problem, he did have all 6 batteries in it.