New Cheetah II Owner question

SteveKoz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Took the Cheetah for it's first spin around the driveway. I'm new to zero turn mowers so wanted to play before cutting season. Amazed at how fast and nimble this machine runs. Took a bit to understand how to stop her but that was all part of the fun. Before putting her away I turned on the blades and felt a lot of vibration, a lot more than the 54" deck on my JD X738 tractor. Got me concerned. This morning I remember the sales guy saying practice with a low speed but to turn up the speed when mowing. This morning I turned it up and pull the button. Not as much vibration but still noticeably more than my JD. I know it's a 60" vs 54" but don't think that should matter that much. It's more of a pulsing vibration every 3 seconds too. I would think a loose blade or out of balance blade would be a consistent nasty wobble. Also, when blades are engaged the fuel meters are bouncing all over the place due to the vibration. When not engaged the meters are fine. This might be all normal for this machine and zero turns in general.. Just new to me so thought I would ask. Thanks!

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All of the engine load comes from the spinning of the blades .
Thus then you turn them on the throttle opens up & you go from high idle he full power so the engine itself will vibrate more
The deck mounting geometry is totally different between tractors & ZTR's
A tractor has almost equal weight front to back and the deck hangs in the middle
ZTR's have 80% to 90% of their weight on the rear wheels and the deck is a lot closer to the front wheels so less ground contact to dampen the vibrations.
That being said, nothing uncommon to find bent or unbalanced blades on brand new mowers , expecially on ZTR's which tend to be lifted by forklift blades under the deck

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd get it on level ground & tires filled to spec, raise deck, go under & turn the blades by hand & pull to get them to meet, to check if they line up cutting tip to tip, then rotate 180* & repeat,etc... Just to rule this out.. The blades spin so super fast, it would give me peace of mind anyhow.

Could also check torque on blade bolts at same time.

bkeller500

Threads
Is it possible there is a twist in the deck belt(s)? Or they are not tracking properly?