New Carburetor Surging Briggs and Stratton 16HP

Craftsman Garage

Threads
i just bought this carburetor yesterday, installed everything and it runs great... but its surging. It came with a few spare parts that I had no idea what they were. The mower had been sitting in a field for the past two years but we got it out and I replaced some stuff. Thanks for your time in advance, help is always appreciated
Carburetor I bought - https://www.amazon.com/LEIMO-Carbur...b+for+briggs+&+stratton+283h07,aps,206&sr=8-2

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome to the wonderful world of defective brand new parts sold via the criminal network called Amazon.
Now Bezos wants your hard earned money in ever increasing amounts so go and buy a more expensive one, 3 . 4 , 5 , 6 , 7, 8, 9, 10 times .
Eventually you will get a good one, but don't hold your breath.
So you have a couple alternatives
If buying mower parts from a real mower shop parts supplier (bricks & mortar or on line ) where you will get quality assured parts that will work properly is against your religion then buy from Alibaba where 99.999999% of everything is at least of merchantable quality and not defective parts sold using the description as OEM (omitting the QC reject ) .
And no before you ask I am not a franchised retail outlet or Alibaba vendor.
I rarely have any problem with the Rotary, Stens, Prime Line or Oregon parts I get from my wholesalers but my workshop is full of equipment that the owners tried to fix using junk they bought off ebay or amazon.
Your money
your choice

Craftsman Garage

Threads
Welcome to the wonderful world of defective brand new parts sold via the criminal network called Amazon.
Now Bezos wants your hard earned money in ever increasing amounts so go and buy a more expensive one, 3 . 4 , 5 , 6 , 7, 8, 9, 10 times .
Eventually you will get a good one, but don't hold your breath.
So you have a couple alternatives
If buying mower parts from a real mower shop parts supplier (bricks & mortar or on line ) where you will get quality assured parts that will work properly is against your religion then buy from Alibaba where 99.999999% of everything is at least of merchantable quality and not defective parts sold using the description as OEM (omitting the QC reject ) .
And no before you ask I am not a franchised retail outlet or Alibaba vendor.
I rarely have any problem with the Rotary, Stens, Prime Line or Oregon parts I get from my wholesalers but my workshop is full of equipment that the owners tried to fix using junk they bought off ebay or amazon.
Your money
your choice
just to clarify it only surges at the lower 1/3 or the throttle, at medium or high throttle it doesn't surge

OldMasterTech

Threads
Recently did the same with a Briggs 17.5, tried the $28 amazon which surged like yours. Replaced it with an OEM runs like new.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The image shows a Nikki style carburetor. Some these have an idle mixture jet that restrictive and need resizing. When they too restrictive you wouldn't be able to set the idle mixture correctly. A mechanic with the right needle drill bits can resolve the problem but most of the DIYers don't have them.