New addition to the family

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
So a whole quart of 10W40 isn't a great idea? lol ;)

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you were environmentally friendly you would use canola oil. LOL.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
At one time canola oil was used in food processong equipment because it was food safe (edible). They had to clean it all out every day or it went bad. At one time california wanted to pass a law chainsaw bar oil had to be non toxic. Guys tried canola oil. Not good.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At one time canola oil was used in food processong equipment because it was food safe (edible). They had to clean it all out every day or it went bad. At one time california wanted to pass a law chainsaw bar oil had to be non toxic. Guys tried canola oil. Not good.
Yep,
Got some "earth mothers" who use veggie oil in their chains saws
I have to soak the chains & bar in kerro every time I try to sharpen the blade.
Veggie oil + saw dust + bacteria have been know to start fires during hot weather .

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
veggie oil for bar oil... wow.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have any customers using veggie oil but i do have some who use old motor oil for bar oil. Saws are a F######g mess when they come in. Clogged oil pickup filters, worn bars and stretched chains but to them it works fine. Can't figure out why a guy puts used motor oil in a $1000 chainsaw when bar oil is $6 a gallon.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't have any customers using veggie oil but i do have some who use old motor oil for bar oil. Saws are a F######g mess when they come in. Clogged oil pickup filters, worn bars and stretched chains but to them it works fine. Can't figure out why a guy puts used motor oil in a $1000 chainsaw when bar oil is $6 a gallon.
Yep,
Got some of them to contend with as well
Good thing is Sydney is fairly close to LA weather wise so the chain saws don't get all that much use.