Neighbors that cut grass beyond the property line

CaptFerd

Threads
What is seriously wrong with people that do this? Where the lots may be small Ive seen heads butt over a few inches of invasion. Not only do they cut your grass it seems that in most every cases its always a depth to the dirt. Ive noticed that they cut the grass several times a week. At my home the trespasser there will run the 3 mowers the weed eater the blower the chainsaw back to just driving the mower then fires up the boat. Pressure washes the Harley and the truck then blow dries them with the gas powered leaf blower. This goes on all day almost every day throughout the summer.
I have 3 properties and its a problem on all 3. One of the places involved 3 acres that was growing feed for horses. Ive noticed some similarities between the 3 trespassers.
You try not to let a little thing like grass destroy a good relationship with a person that you have to deal with on a daily basis but sometimes even confronting showing proof of where the line is they still insist on trespassing your property. The noise not much you can do there but send some back when hes resting and watching the TV.
I guess some surveys and fences are this years project. So sick of dealing with this crap as Im sure Im not alone.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Survey, fence or clearly marked posts would be wise here. I have known people who intentionally encroached their neighbor's property to make theirs look larger, or even try to artificially change the lot lines. I'd get a survey, take photos and see what happens. You may find that the survey markers even get moved if that was the intention.

bkeller500

Threads
If you know exactly where the property line is.......just position a couple of big rocks on the lot line and mow up to the rocks each mowing. He will catch on! After he does remove the rocks.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My one neighbor can't seem to mow a straight line,. I mow @ 4" & he mows @ 1" So it is pretty comical to see his line.. like chasing a snake wiggle-wiggle.. LOL

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Years ago me and a couple neighbors had disagreement over how they cutting the grass along the property line that was fenced. They both just kept discharging their cutting onto the fence. I had a serious talk with both. I told if they couldn't keep from discharging grass onto the fencing that I would take over the mowing along the fence for 4-8 ft with my bush hog rotary mower. Neither had a problem with that. Matter of fact both started letting their property to overgrow afterwards but I maintain the fence line as I said I would do. No more piles of grass on the fence rusting it out prematurely. I have since moved to my current place where the the new thought he an his family could freely run their four wheelers on the back property. Again a fence made good neighbors again though I got to put up better fence (tighter grid) as my chickens keeps crossing the property line.

RayMcD

Threads
What is seriously wrong with people that do this? Where the lots may be small Ive seen heads butt over a few inches of invasion. Not only do they cut your grass it seems that in most every cases its always a depth to the dirt. Ive noticed that they cut the grass several times a week. At my home the trespasser there will run the 3 mowers the weed eater the blower the chainsaw back to just driving the mower then fires up the boat. Pressure washes the Harley and the truck then blow dries them with the gas powered leaf blower. This goes on all day almost every day throughout the summer.
I have 3 properties and its a problem on all 3. One of the places involved 3 acres that was growing feed for horses. Ive noticed some similarities between the 3 trespassers.
You try not to let a little thing like grass destroy a good relationship with a person that you have to deal with on a daily basis but sometimes even confronting showing proof of where the line is they still insist on trespassing your property. The noise not much you can do there but send some back when hes resting and watching the TV.
I guess some surveys and fences are this years project. So sick of dealing with this crap as Im sure Im not alone.
Move, that's my plan anyway, r

Tinkerer200

Threads
There may be set back requirements for instance, my subdivision calls for no permanent structure within 5 ft. of property line but neighbor put fence right on line anyway. I didn't report him as he was the Personal Rep. for a company I was trying to get on at, I did. Neighbor behind did mow a couple of feet over my line right down into the dirt as said above and crocked. Got new neighbor, will see this year. I mow 3" high.

Walt Conner