Need to find Manuals

smallarmysurplus

Forum Newbie
Threads
First the basics:
Craftsman lawn tractor model 917.252560 Engine Model No. 42A707, Type No. 1251-01
Owners Manual has date of 11-3-94
I recently purchased this tractor along with a Craftsman snow blower and snow blade. I had to find and download the owners manual for the tractor but here's my problem. The part number on the snow blower and blade are not legible, and I would very much like to find and download the manuals for both. There were many parts and pieces included with this purchase which makes the need for the manuals all that more important. If anyone out there knows where or how I can identify the model numbers of the attachments and then find the installation and operation manuals for both, it would be greatly appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Takes some pictures of everything, so we have a clue as to what you have. I can look up the tractor, but the possibilities are out of sight.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Download operators manual & see page 5 which mentions attachments including snow blower & blade for your tractor. You can chat online asking for manuals or call Customer Service with tractor model number & year.

smallarmysurplus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Takes some pictures of everything, so we have a clue as to what you have. I can look up the tractor, but the possibilities are out of sight.
I can take as many photos as you need, but it may take a bit of time, the tractor and all implements are in a storage unit right now. You can see what I'm after, when I bought all of this, there are a lot of small pieces and parts. I have an earlier model Sears tractor with a rear tiller attachment, and over the years I've come to rely heavily on the manuals for installing any attachment. My hope was to just get a part number for both the snow blower and blade, download both for use whenever installing or removing. I'll see if the weather will cooperate this weekend and try to get some pics. Thanks

smallarmysurplus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Photos of the unknown Snow blower, I was able to find the manual for the snow blade. I have what I believe is a belt adaptor for this snow blower also, but I couldn't get the photos to upload, file size was too large. PTDC0370.JPGPTDC0371.JPGPTDC0375.JPGPTDC0376.JPG

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Google "MTD 42 snow blower manual."
I have that blower mounted on a 1975 Sears ST 12 riding mower. Looks like you are missing the chute and the control levers.

smallarmysurplus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Google "MTD 42 snow blower manual."
I have that blower mounted on a 1975 Sears ST 12 riding mower. Looks like you are missing the chute and the control levers.
No, I have the chute and control levers, what I'm looking for is model number so I can attach it to the tractor correctly

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
1608389820309.jpg1608389727027.jpg
The manual tells you how to mount the adapter plate to the mower and have a parts list