Need recommendations for a new high end ZTR.

Bluffton.S.C.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings.

I purchased a new ZTR mower 3 years ago when we moved into our new house. I did not know any better and bought a sub $4000 Husqvarna Z246i with a B&S at HD. The thing is now literally falling apart. The deck is like Swiss cheese and the leading edge is being constantly reshaped with my trusted sledgehammer. Two sets of spindles already and a leaking motor. I lubricate, change filters, sharpens and take care of it. It's dying. It's now time to buy to correct tool. I can't afford to buy a cheap mower anymore.

- My property is a not so smooth 3ish acres consisting of Bermuda and St-Augustine peppered with oak roots.
- It can also be soggy at times.
- Mostly flat.
- Pull a large garden trailer often.
- I need to mow twice a week in the summer and once a week in the winter.

So... Should I go commercial with ZT3200 or better or even Parker or... Should I go high end residential with a likely ZT3100.

No dealers nearby at all beside HD, Lowes and TSC. Within two hours most brands can be found and don't mind driving. My zip is 29910.

Thank you all for your time in advance.

Mark.

Last edited:

Bluffton.S.C.

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am now leaning to a Hustler Fastrak 54" with a 27HP Kohler 7500EFI. They retail + or - $7500.
There is also a 22HP Kawasaki FT691 for $200 more.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only thing I can say, with the criteria you list, don’t even think high end residential. Commercial is the best way to go. Have you thought about a mid-size tractor with a good belly mower.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There should be some dealers around Savanah, GA,.Richmond Hill, GA.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am now leaning to a Hustler Fastrak 54" with a 27HP Kohler 7500EFI. They retail + or - $7500.
There is also a 22HP Kawasaki FT691 for $200 more.
I would avoid any mower with EFI. One more thing, mow that St. Augustine at 3”.

Bluffton.S.C.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Rivets.

No, I have not thought at all at a tractor with a belly mower. Are you thinking like a JD 1-2 series or small Kubota? I'll need to educate myself as to what could work.

Marc.

Bluffton.S.C.

Forum Newbie
Threads
There should be some dealers around Savanah, GA,.Richmond Hill, GA.
Indeed, most dealers would be in GA. Statesboro, Richmond hill, Rincon. Probably because there is more AG down there.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why should I avoid EFI? Not up to snuff yet? 3"... Roger that.
Costly to repair. Owners with some mechanical knowledge can usually repair carbureted engines. EFI engines will need codes read and other diagnostic tools in order to perform repairs.