Need of a New Lawnmower

Scott1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 22 year old Toro Super Recyler and I am not sure how long a life it has in it.

I am looking for a very particular feature in a new mower which the Toro Super Recycler has. The mower has three speeds but in addition to that, it allows you to control the speed by releasing the engage bar. This allows me to vary the speed from 0 to the max for the chosen speed. It is not vital to have multiple speed settings but it must have this clutch-like feature to slow and stop the mower.

I have tried one of the newer Hondas that have a speed bar but it is not the same. The force for forward motion is not the same depending on the load on the mower. My old Toro always applies full forward torque and only controls the speed at which the rear wheels turn.

I also do not like the Toro Personal Pace models.

Is there a manufacturer or model that you use that allows adjustment to the speed exatly like the old Toro Super Recyler.

Thank you.

gotomow

Threads
I would keep your old one going as long as possible!! My dad had one of those and it was great. You are smart to stay away from the Honda's. I think the closest you will come to it by far is to take a look at the following mowers from Snapper:
Commercial Walk Mowers, HI VAC® Series Lawn Mowers, NINJA® Push Mower

Alaguy

Threads
Have you looked at the Toro 22290, commercial mower called the Speedzone, Kawasaki engine.

logert gogert

Threads
have you considered this?
it seems like it could be in anybodys budget range, it is only a small step up from what you have.
and its only a slight increase of power with its 55hp turbo diesel. suitible for anyhomeowners yard, and can fit in the tightest of spaces.
and it only weighs 5000lbs !!!!!!

Scott1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would keep your old one going as long as possible!! My dad had one of those and it was great. You are smart to stay away from the Honda's. I think the closest you will come to it by far is to take a look at the following mowers from Snapper:
Commercial Walk Mowers, HI VAC® Series Lawn Mowers, NINJA® Push Mower
Thanks so much for this recommendation. I had not thought about a Snapper but that is really nice machine. I also think it will give me the variable speed control in that grip drive control that I am looking for. But you are right, I am going to try to keep the old Toro running as long as I can.

mikehouse

Threads
Check the Husqvarrna HU 7OOF with the Honda GCV160 engine.Not a bad choice at all.Front Wheel Drive.

bchanfcb1987

Forum Newbie
Threads
You will want to have a clear budget in mind when it comes to buying a brand new lawn mower, as it can be very easy to go overboard and spend much more than you can afford. If you cannot afford the type of mower that you want, then you will have to come up with a compromise of some sort. It may also be beneficial to assess the value that you will receive from purchasing a more expensive model, as this may justify spending a little more.

DTElandscape

Forum Newbie
Threads
8 Best Lawn Mowers to Buy in 2020, According to Down To Earth Lawn-

1. Variable Speed 4-in-1 Gas Walk-Behind Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
2. Gas Walk-Behind Push Mower with 3-in-1 TriAction Cutting System

3. 40V Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
4. Super Recycler Gas Walk-Behind Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
5. Cordless Electric Walk-Behind Self-Propelled Mower
6. AUTOMOWER 315X Robotic Lawn Mower
7. Hydrostatic 46-in. Riding Lawn Mower
8. 30-in. 382 cc Gas Rear Engine Riding Mower

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cheap advertisement ?
Tested how ?
By what manufacturers paid them ?
Always love the fact that every nobody wacks up a list and people think it is some sort of proper evaluation .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is a Landscaping company out of Florida, who must have a lot of time on their hands, if they have time to do multiple testing and reviews like this. Wouldn’t put much credence in it.