Need Hydro-Gear Fan

Kevin Toadman

Threads
Hello, this is the first post and I'm not sure if it's in the right place. I'm having a tough time locating a hydro cooling fan for a Troy Built Zero turn mower. I've searched for two hours and can't find anything that is for sure the correct one. Parts diagrams do not show the fan part number. Hydro-Gears website did no good either. Does anybody out there have any way to know what fan will fit Hydro number ZC-AMBB-4DDB-3RPX ? I only need the plastic fan. Thanks for any help or advice.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hydrogear had an update on their drive pulley fan setups a few years back and now only offer the pulley/fan as a kit part number 72134

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you still have the hub of the old fan you can google "hydro gear fan" and match up the old hub to a picture. I have done a few JD mowers this way. Belt comes off and rips blades off the fan hub and JD nor Hydro Gear don't spare out the fan number but they are available.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Should be PN 52365 superseded to PN 53050 per IPL I got here from 8/2020.
ZC 12th  R.png
And yes the 71351 kit is superseded to 72134.

Kevin Toadman

Threads
Hydrogear had an update on their drive pulley fan setups a few years back and now only offer the pulley/fan as a kit part number 72134
That's right that Hydrogear doesn't offer the fan separate. I tool the old one off and looked close and the number 53050 was molded into the hub. I searched that number up and found the blade by itself for under 20 bux.

Rocky J

Threads
while you have the unit out it would be a good time to change oil in it. 2 qt 20/50w engine oil. I am sure if fan was broken it has been hot a few times and condensate a bit of water. I have the same mower and fan blade was broken and at times would just stop pulling until allowed to cool. New fan and oil and has been fine for two years.

Southland

Threads
Just send an email to Hydro-Gear with the part number on the sticker attached with the transmission and they'll send you the exact replacement part number. I had to replace the fan on my Troy-Bilt zero turn a couple of years ago. The replacement part for my mower was also 72134, but there are different configurations for EZTs. Hydro-Gear responded within 1 day. Contact info is at the bottom of their website. I also drained and refilled the fluid in both transmissions at the same time. The fill port is on top and the service manual is on Hydro-Gear's web site. I used Mobil1 15w-50.