Need help with Craftsman 536.270270-Runs but stalls

BigCatDaddy49

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, I got this mower from my neighbor. It had been sitting for about 4 years. I put a new battery in, some gas and cranked it and it started.Well sort of. The carb was gummed up, shot all of the fuel into the crankcase. I got a new carb, Drained the crankcase, added new oil, got the carb adjusted, 13.5 HP B & S engine now purrs like a kitten!! Now to the problem. Whenever I release the clutch/brake, it stalls. I thought maybe the seat switch was bad as I could see where the previous owner had messed with it before. So, I replaced it with a new switch and replaced the clutch and PTO switches while I was at it. It still does the same thing!! I bought some contact cleaner and blew out the plugs for the switches. Still won't go!! I'm convinced it must be something with that seat switch, but I could be wrong. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You might check your switches, as they may be the incorrect ones. They may look the same, but may work oppositely. Here is the schmatic that also shows the switch function. Also check the back of the keyswitch, there should be lettering on the back.
536..png

BigCatDaddy49

Forum Newbie
Threads
You might check your switches, as they may be the incorrect ones. They may look the same, but may work oppositely. Here is the schmatic that also shows the switch function. Also check the back of the keyswitch, there should be lettering on the back.
View attachment 54263
I got the Green Goose running and mowing!! I've got $150 in it and it runs like new .....well, almost. I found the problem with it this morning. The seat switch female plug on the wiring harness has this little tiny button on it,. If that thing isn't fully depressed when you plug it into the male switch, it dies when you let out the clutch. The latch on the female plug was broken and just dangling so I Gorilla glued it back on, plugged it in and then zip tied the two together just in case the latch broke off again.