need help please

Cub

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub cadet z-force 48" cut. It has over 200 hours of trouble free service.
My father has the same model and year. His engine to deck belt jumps off frequently.
It has been in the shop many times getting all new parts on the deck.
He has already spent over $1000 in repairs with no results.
If anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm going to resist any comments about this Dealer / Repair shop (they would NOT be NICE)

I believe one of the first things I would do is get on the Cub Cadet Web site and tell them all about the problem and the dealer who has taken money and not solved the problem.

I don't know about this particular machine, but any reputable dealer or repair place should be ashamed to take the money if the problem is not fixed.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a cub cadet z-force 48" cut. It has over 200 hours of trouble free service.
My father has the same model and year. His engine to deck belt jumps off frequently.
It has been in the shop many times getting all new parts on the deck.
He has already spent over $1000 in repairs with no results.
If anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know.

I Have a cub cadet z-force 48" cut with the Fabricated deck and if you're talking about the belt that comes from the pto to the deck I just replaced that belt on mine.

It sounds like your trailing link needs adjusting, it has to have something like 10 or 12 lbs of pull to have the correct tension on the belt to keep it from coming off.

Cub

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for input. All belts have been replaced with new factory cub cadet belts. Father refuses to step foot in that repair shop ever again so taking it back to them isn't an option. Anyway, he decided to buy new mower. Thinking about Exmark any suggestions?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF! :smile:

I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet Forum.