Need help! John deer Sabre 25hp won’t crank!!

MNguy234

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guys, I am in a tough spot here, trying to fix this for my boss so I know nothing about this machine except that I can’t get the damn thing to start! Battery is good, replaced the ignition coil because I thought that’s what was bad, turn the key and nothing happens, no click, no crank, nothing. Battery light lights up when I turn the key, battery has over 12v and has a good load test too. Fuse that I found close to the battery was good. Please help, I need to get this out of my garage desperately!
Thanks much guys
It’s a John Deere Sabre with a 25hp v-twin Kohler motor.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have the piggy back starting solenoid jump from the battery power cable to the blue wire terminal
If the starter is good then it should crank.

Assuming the starter is good check the blue wire for battery voltage when the key is in the Start position
No voltage = bad cranking circuit

IF the starter did not crank get a heavy jumper ( screwdriver ) and bridge the two CABLES between the solenoid & starter
Engine cranks = duff solenoid

Cranking circuit goes battery > fuse > B terminal > S terminal > PTO Switch > brake switch > solenoid
B & S are on the key switch

If you want more detailed help then we need the model number from the tag under the seat.