Need help finding these fuel tanks

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Took in a pressure washer rig, and the gas (red) is leaking. I can't seem to find these. Anyone have an idea on where I can buy one like this? It's not the fill nozzle on one end, and then the outlet fitting on the other, that goes to the engine.

20200824_095156.jpg

20200824_095206.jpg

20200824_095210.jpg

20200824_095234.jpg

20200824_095301.jpg

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I found what looks to be about the same gas can. But it doesn't have a way to tighten the fuel outlet fitting down. Or even a hole for it.

I can drill a hole. But not sure how to install the fitting. Unless I can use one of those grommets & fittings like Craftsman used in their under seat fuel tanks. This one is screwed on.

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I think I've found it. Part number MI-T-M 850-0306 GAS TANK ASSY HDS. The only pic I could find was from Ereplacement parts.
1598300892258.png

Something is screwy about all this though. I know I'm going to get screwed on this. The local dealer wants $275. E Replacement wants just a little less than that.
But I got it from SLE Equipment for $136, after shipping. But SLE doesn't have a pic of it.

Wish me luck.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can buy a plastic welding kit. I use a soldering iron for plastic tank repair. We have a flat round disk that goes on an iron at work. It works great at keeping the welded area nice and flat. Pretty easy if you watch the material and how it is currently flowing when heating it up. I used zip ties, the big police issue size ones as filler rod/material. Most of the time you can heat and flow the plastic back together with no filler rod/material.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I found what looks to be about the same gas can. But it doesn't have a way to tighten the fuel outlet fitting down. Or even a hole for it.

I can drill a hole. But not sure how to install the fitting. Unless I can use one of those grommets & fittings like Craftsman used in their under seat fuel tanks. This one is screwed on.

THERE'S YUR DINNER!!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can buy a plastic welding kit. I use a soldering iron for plastic tank repair. We have a flat round disk that goes on an iron at work. It works great at keeping the welded area nice and flat. Pretty easy if you watch the material and how it is currently flowing when heating it up. I used zip ties, the big police issue size ones as filler rod/material. Most of the time you can heat and flow the plastic back together with no filler rod/material.

slomo

This can is so old and decrepit, that I don't even wanna chance it. It's so old it's mostly white, from sun damage. It's supposed to b red.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yup, I had the wrong part number. instead of 0306, the part I was looking at was 0360. The right one was over $200. I think I'll go the taryl fix all way.

Last edited:

Mower King

Threads
Yup, I had the wrong part number. instead of 0306, the part I was looking at was 0360. The right one was over $200. I think I'll go the taryl fix all way.
I say....just buy a decent fuel jug that you can bolt down fairly easy, and put a fitting in it with a pick-up tube and.....PA POW....you're back in business!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I say....just buy a decent fuel jug that you can bolt down fairly easy, and put a fitting in it with a pick-up tube and.....PA POW....you're back in business!

I just ordered one with the strap notches in it. Same jug as the ones that's leaking. But without the fuel outlet. I also have a new grommet. Just a couple of more parts and I'll be in business.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This can is so old and decrepit, that I don't even wanna chance it. It's so old it's mostly white, from sun damage. It's supposed to b red.
Slap some red exterior grade house paint on her. Scuff it and prime it first.

slomo