Need Guidance on Pricing my 2012 D130 Parts

tristahx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone! Im in need of some guidance with selling some parts of my 2012 D130 Riding Mower. I have the 42" Deck, which needs a new belt, and the hood, which has a cracked headlight and a crack in the front part of the frame. I can't seem to find anything, other than new, online. I don't want to rip anyone off but I also don't want to low ball myself. How much should I ask for them? Im in Saskatchewan, Canada if that makes a difference ? Thank you in advance!20211023_135808.jpg20211023_140009.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Selling used parts is a crap shoot and trying to give you prices is even harder, as we cannot see the condition of the parts. I would tell a prospective buyer, give me a reasonable offer. If your gut says they are lowballing you, tell them you were figuring a price of XYZ. It shouldn’t be more than 10% of their offer. Most times they will accept your price. Don’t be afraid of letting them walk if your gut says somethings not right with their offer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wreckers down here charge 1/2 the current new price for stuff that is in good but obviously used ( fair wear & tear ) items
So if the deck bearings are good & the blades have at least a season or two in them about 1/2 the lowest retail new price.

As for the hood it is effectly scrap
If you can get $ 50 US for it then take it as it will require welding
The black sections never need replacing unless you hit something and it is the green parts people want
But your green is buggered

Gord Baker

Threads
If you can get $100 for a 10year old obsolete deck, take it. The hood can be repaired if you carefully clean and use some crazy glue only on the edges, then reinforce the backside with more glue and flexible plastic. Make friends with a local body shop also, for repair or advice.
Hood should be worth $175.