Need Engine Bolt Torque Values

alphaa10

Forum Newbie
Threads
As one good way to waste a few hours, try looking up engine bolt torque values for a BOLENS B&S 127802-1901-B1 engine. (Date code 03051456)

You will find a web search produces very little information.

Briggs & Stratton recently filed bankruptcy, and reorganized everything, raising prices, and leaving its users and their support in the dust.

It should not be this difficult to find torque values for the bolts for cylinder head, oil sump cover, and connecting rod

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is no problems if you know where to look
They are in every repair manual B & S ever produced .
When not stipulated then they are torques to the general torques for the size & type of thread and that table is in just about every repair manual as well.
Make of the mower is insignificant .
I think there are a couple of wall charts that list them as well .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
When not stipulated then they are torques to the general torques for the size & type of thread and that table is in just about every repair manual as well.
Correct. The OP is needing the 270962 service manual.

but here is the main tech specs.
1631010207135.png

alphaa10

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, I know if I had the repair manual, it should be easy to locate the values. But the owner's manual, alone, is a non-starter. I did look for the wall charts, and actually found a thumbnail of a full chart, but when I linked to the site, the chart was unavailable. Thanks for the reply.

alphaa10

Forum Newbie
Threads
Correct. The OP is needing the 270962 service manual.

but here is the main tech specs.
View attachment 58241
Bravo ! I am in your debt, and really appreciate the effort you made. After having searched the internet, as first indicated, I came up with very little of value. As I commented to bertsmobile1, I need the service manual to get detailed information. Thanks to your contribution, I can proceed with the basic engine rebuilding. Later, I can acquire a 270962, because I plan on keeping this mower for a while..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One problem Rivets that is not the correct manual as it is an OHV manual and the OP has a L-head (side valve) engine. The manual PN is correct but it is just someone has the wrong manual posted on manualslib. They got 276781 posted.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Rivets you got to remember everything posted the net is not always correct or true. There is actually a lot BS out there and some will believe everything to true until it bites them in the tail feathers.

As for the initial link I seen that one several weeks ago but just in case I did double check the manual by downloading it before I barked.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So what is your problem with my post. Remember I don’t have the vast experience you have, especially when pointing the mistakes made by you feel are idiots.