Need a Tuff Torq pro (follow up)

arch252

Threads
I picked up a JD X300 with a Tuff Torq K46BC that was losing power, determined the cylinder pump blocks were worn. I had a spare K46BT that was supposedly running strong when one axle broke.

I swapped the two cylinder blocks from the 46BT with the broken shaft to the 46BC on the X300.

My plan was originally to just swap the broken axle and use the 46BT but the splined shaft for the fan and pulley was a different size so the cylinder blocks had to be removed anyway to swap the shaft.

Anyway, got it all buttoned up and tested it. Forward pedal now makes it go backwards and the reverse pedal now makes it go forward. What in the heck did I do wrong!?!?! Good news is, it will fly in reverse! It runs great and strong with no whining. It just goes the wrong direction. If I didn't know that I was going to have to pull the tranny and open it back up again I could laugh about this. I suppose I could just mount the seat onto the hood....

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You got the wedge block on the drive motor upside down. Looks like they call it a motor block part number 19216824210

arch252

Threads
Good grief, I know exactly what you're talking about. I thought the big end of the wedge was supposed to be facing up. Can't believe I did that! Crap, time to pull the transaxle, drain the fluid.....all over again. Dadgummit!! Well, thanks for letting me know.

arch252

Threads
Follow up, so I swapped the position of the wedge block. Put it all back together, waited a day for the gasket to cure and got it mounted today.

So, that little pin that goes in the centercase, the one they tell you to be sure it doesn't fall out.....let's say it falls out. I'm guessing that if it falls out then it won't freewheel, is that correct? Asking for a friend.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Correct it won't freewheel. Also that pin could also get into something that you don't want and cause other issues.