Need a new seat and seat rails/

Craw_Gator

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1500z and I need a new seat and also need to replace the broken seat rails. The ferris factory seat and rails is about $515 in cost! Is their and aftermarket anyone has used that is cheaper? I've searched and found various ones that mention having to drill new holes for seat rail mounts. No issue doing that but not sure which one will fit my mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And seat rail from any old car or mower will fit, they just bolt on
If the flat plate the rails bolt on to is in reasonable condition then just drill some new holes & make sure they don't foul on anything
I generally fit boat seats to old ride ons
They are a lot more comfortable, much more water resistant & seem to handle sun a lot better .
On top on that about 1/2 to 1/3 the price of a mower seat.
Some times I have relocate the seat switch so that the mounting plate activates it rather than being inside the actual seat but most can be fitted into the seat proper if you rip out a fist full of foam from near the front so it is under your legs & not your butt.

Craw_Gator

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks I will check out some boat seats. I need new rails. The existing rail that allows adjustment broke. I have drilled and put a screw in to keep it from sliding back and forth.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks I will check out some boat seats. I need new rails. The existing rail that allows adjustment broke. I have drilled and put a screw in to keep it from sliding back and forth.