Need a new engine.

BobM53

Threads
My old Dixie XW2500 with a 60 inch deck ate the engine today (Generac). Are there any cheap plug and play engines out there?

BobM53

Threads
Has anyone found a cheaper way to repower? Most of the engines I have found do not come with exhaust. And they want a LOT of money for an exhaust.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get the short headder pipes that bolt onto your engine
Cut the headder pipes off the old muffler then weld the new ones in.
I do this a bout a dozen times a year
The muffler is a MOWER part & not an engine part so there are 500 different ones for each engine thus the quantity discounts do not apply thus the price is high.
Thank your lucky stars you are not down here when they can run to $ 400 ( Aus ) or more .
I can get a custom motorcycle exhaust shop to make me a stainless set up for around 1/2 that price .
Car exhaust shops will not have the flanges in the right sizes even if they have small enough tube

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have them add stacks with flapper rain caps.. Those are cool.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get you one of those Harbor Freight Crinese engines with zero customer service or parts availability. Saving money left and right.
Screenshot_2021-06-04_22-42-53.png

slomo

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
You would have to put a bushing on the crank shaft to go from the 1 inch crank on that engine up to and 1 1/8 on the chopper you my also have to put a spacer under the engine pulley to take up the extra length. You would also have to figure out a way to mount your oil coolers on the mower. You would also have to figure out the wiring on it Or you could go back through D/C they have a kit that is a plug and play with a Briggs 27 or 36 HP engine. Don't recall the price of the 27 kit but the 36 kit is around $4400.00.