Need a little help with starting issue

Threads
I have a 23hp Kohler on a craftsman gt3000. I have power to the blue trigger wire at solenoid at all times with key on. Has anyone else had this problem?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Need the model number from the serial number tag to look up the correct wiring schematic.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is wrong
If it has just happened the you probably have a wiring fault or a faulty key switch.
There should only be power to the blue wire when the key is in the S position then only when the PTO is off & the brake is on.

Threads
Not sure put a new switch still there even cut blue wire by switch still have same prob.

Threads
The tractor has been sitting a few yrs i found out

geelee

Threads
battery hooked up backwards?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Interesting.
I was waiting to see if Star would post a wiring diagram for your mower.
According to the one I have found it shows a white wire on the remote solenoid.\If yours has a Kohler it would have a piggy back solenoid.
So this is very confusing and wll become even more confusing now that you have double posted your problem.
I tend to ignore people who do this because I can not be bothered going backwards & forwards between 2 different threads.
If the blue wire is always powered when the key is on then it should not be on the solenoid, it should be connected to the alternator or the fuel solenoid
The only wiring diagram shows a WHITE wire connected to the solenoid.
Originally It seemed to be wired correctly because Kohler usually use a blue wire to trigger the starting solenoid.
\The start circuit goes B > S ( key switch ) C > G ( PTO switch ) through the brake switch white wire to white wire then down to the solenoid.

So you are going to have to trace the mystery wire backwards to see where it goes to.
I rather think it will be the A1 or A 2 terminals on the key switch.