need a little help guys

boat builder

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello to all. I'm a complete greenhorn when it comes to these mowers. I have a 20hp Dixie chopper lx2001 quad loop and im replacing the starter. waiting for that to come in the mail and need to move the mower in the meantime. I cant figure out how to move the mower while its not running. lol kinda embarrassing. I assumed there would be levers to disconnect the wheels from the hydromotors but I haven't been able to find any? feeling ignorant, blind or both. please help.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look under the seat for two rods that you can pull.

Should have rings to put your finger in to pull on it.

Or at the back of the mower coming threw the frame.

boat builder

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok I just ran out and looked and i'll be darned if I can find anything like what you're saying. im looking under seat from reservoir to the pumps all along to the motors... and nothing coming out the back of the frame at all?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
dixie

Look closely at the diagrams, look at the pump on the right side. Find the 5A and arrow. It should be that valve, on both pumps, you back off counter clock-wise.

boat builder

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the reply. and to help anyone else that might have trouble with this in future.. let me tell ya what the repair guy that finally returned my call lead me to. on each of the pumps themselves there's a large hex bolt coming up out of the pump with a round hole through the shaft of it. turning that out three to four turns will let the mower freewheel. there are two styles I guess and that's the one I have. hope it helps someone else and thanks again.

boat builder

Forum Newbie
Threads
sorry Fish, I posted the info I got from the repair guy before I saw your post. thanks man! mine's in a slightly different position and shaped a little different but that would've led me to it all the same. thank you kindly, im off to roll that fellar into the shed until I can get the starter here. awesome including the diagram man made it easy to see what you were saying.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, there are likely variations, because they didn't always use the same brand pump/motors.