NASCAR inside info for 2022

Mower King

Threads
My cousin (a female) is down at the Daytona 500 in FL. She is in the pits and has a Hot Pass for the Grid also....anyway, I had her ask, someone that would know, if the cup cars are still running "pushrod" engines. She just told me she asked one of Keselowski crew members that question this morning and he told her yes they still are still running "pushrod" engines BUT, rumors are cup cars are going to either V-6 or Electric....WOW!!!!!....I mean V-6 or Electric, come on!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Considering the speed that a four cylinder can achieve. My 89 Accord would easily reach 140 mph stock and the turbo charged stock four cylinder that my Sundance had was even quicker. I currently have Vortex V6 in my 2000 pickup. Now of they have these engines RPM limited. Plus I don't want to get much above 100 mph in the pickup as it gets a little unstable any faster. Just way too light in the rear.

At it will be more competitive without the restrictor plates.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
electric NASCAR, wouldn't that be exciting.
"Whiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr"

Gord Baker

Threads
My cousin (a female) is down at the Daytona 500 in FL. She is in the pits and has a Hot Pass for the Grid also....anyway, I had her ask, someone that would know, if the cup cars are still running "pushrod" engines. She just told me she asked one of Keselowski crew members that question this morning and he told her yes they still are still running "pushrod" engines BUT, rumors are cup cars are going to either V-6 or Electric....WOW!!!!!....I mean V-6 or Electric, come on!
NASCAR is hardly NASCAR anymore. Too many rules, regulation and of late Change. Half time at LA was pathetic. NASCAR is not about Rap 'music'. I doubt we will live to see (I hope not) V6 or Electric but who knows?
They now call a Driveshaft a Propeller shaft! This new generation of cars has a lot of problems front to back. Keselowski is a jerk.

Daddio7

Threads
Why did the Xfinity cars go back to V-8s? The sound, people will not go to hear anything else drone, or whoosh, around the track.

oneoldsap

Threads
Why did the Xfinity cars go back to V-8s? The sound, people will not go to hear anything else drone, or whoosh, around the track.
Whe have there been anything but V-8s in any of the Nascar national touring divisions (Cup , Xfinity , or Trucks) .

SamB

Threads
NASCAR is hardly NASCAR anymore. Too many rules, regulation and of late Change. Half time at LA was pathetic. NASCAR is not about Rap 'music'. I doubt we will live to see (I hope not) V6 or Electric but who knows?
They now call a Driveshaft a Propeller shaft! This new generation of cars has a lot of problems front to back. Keselowski is a jerk.
"National Association for Stock Car Racing" doesn't exist anymore. Go to your local car dealer and buy a car and go racing was 'stock' car racing. NASCAR cars today are specially built out and out RACE cars, NOT 'stock cars. They are built to be safer and faster than a stock showroom car. NASCAR racing is a charade. Run showroom sedans and you'll have real NASCAR racing, albeit at only 80/90 mph! Off my soapbox now. Not looking for another red stripe,lol.

tempforce

Forum Newbie
Threads
I suggested a 250 cu in limit on v-8 engines and no restricter plates. you know how far that went.
I haven't watched a race since they went to a time out a half time and all of that junk. no time outs or ten laps for a mandatory pit.
told them to score the race as if they had made the stops. and just race.
a lot of former fans, would start watching again if they would quit trying to be like football, basketball or rugby.
its racing, who takes a break when racing, except nascar..
removing the brand body shapes, no longer making it stock car racing, so they should change the name of the sport..

tempforce

Forum Newbie
Threads
"National Association for Stock Car Racing" doesn't exist anymore. Go to your local car dealer and buy a car and go racing was 'stock' car racing. NASCAR cars today are specially built out and out RACE cars, NOT 'stock cars. They are built to be safer and faster than a stock showroom car. NASCAR racing is a charade. Run showroom sedans and you'll have real NASCAR racing, albeit at only 80/90 mph! Off my soapbox now. Not looking for another red stripe,lol.
agree, it's not stock car racing. take a car from the showroom and build a frame to fit it on. restrict engine size and no restricter plates