Narrowed down to three

Oscar_Overalls

Forum Newbie
Threads
Alright, previous post tells the story of how much I’m mowing and so forth and so on…and I had some good reply’s, so here are the three that have made the final cut and their engines and out the door prices. Tell me what y’all think.

SCAG Patriot 61” Kawasaki FX730 23.5 HP, adjustable seat - $8907

Ferris ISX 800 61” Briggs and Stratton Commercial/cyclonic 27 HP, adjustable seat and coil over shocks all the way around - $9420

Dixie Chopper Blackhawk HP 60” Kawasaki FX730 23.5HP trucker/air ride dial adjust seat - $9737

which is best bang for my buck? Help me decide…about to pull the trigger on one soon!!!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the Dixie Chopper had a conventional key starting system, that would be my pick. If it has a keypad, forget it. It’s a very well built machine.
Second choice would be the Scag Patriot. It’s not built as tough as the Dixie Chopper. It’s shorter and more cramped.
Ferris is a good mower but, Briggs and Stratton is having problems.

bkeller500

Threads
If price is a deciding factor.....The $1000 difference from hi to low is only $8.33 per month over the next 120 months of ownership.

Oscar_Overalls

Forum Newbie
Threads
If price is a deciding factor.....The $1000 difference from hi to low is only $8.33 per month over the next 120 months of ownership.
Not concerned about price…just want the best bang for my buck as far as machine/engine combo go.

Oscar_Overalls

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the Dixie Chopper had a conventional key starting system, that would be my pick. If it has a keypad, forget it. It’s a very well built machine.
Second choice would be the Scag Patriot. It’s not built as tough as the Dixie Chopper. It’s shorter and more cramped.
Ferris is a good mower but, Briggs and Stratton is having problems.
What kind of problems is Briggs and Stratton having? As the mother company or there engines. I’ve heard nothing but good about the cyclonic commercial and vanguard engines from several service guys I’ve talked to about the Kawasaki/Briggs debate

bkeller500

Threads
I have had many mowers in my life.. Had several with Briggs & Stratton, Kawasaki's and Kohler engines. Replaced a muffler, a carb and normal replacement of spark plugs and oil & air filters but never had a engine failure or warranty issue. I wouldn't worry too much about engine brand. Sure B & S is having some financial issues but what manufacturer in the mower business isn't? B & S may recover, or they may sell off their components but I doubt they will cease completely. Some one would buy them up and rebuild them.......they are still a major player.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Availability. Bankruptcy. Restructuring. Bought by investment fund.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have had many mowers in my life.. Had several with Briggs & Stratton, Kawasaki's and Kohler engines. Replaced a muffler, a carb and normal replacement of spark plugs and oil & air filters but never had a engine failure or warranty issue. I wouldn't worry too much about engine brand. Sure B & S is having some financial issues but what manufacturer in the mower business isn't? B & S may recover, or they may sell off their components but I doubt they will cease completely. Some one would buy them up and rebuild them.......they are still a major player.
That is what they said about Tecumseh

bkeller500

Threads
good point bertsmobile !.......Was Tecumseh ever as big as Briggs & Stratton?