Name that part!

OdinV

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1996 Ariens RM1330. Got it for free from a buddy. Spent a couple hundred getting it running, so far so good.

I noticed after driving it around a little bit, there is a clacking sound coming from the rear of the mower, at first I thought it was the motor, but after doing some inspecting and investigating it looks to be caused by a wheel like thing that seems to engage with a belt or some other pulley in order to send power to the rear wheels. It is a metal wheel with some rubber band like thing around the outside. The rubber is old and dried out and breaking chunks off. This uneven surface is causing it to bounce and make the noise I am hearing I am pretty sure. However I am at a loss as to what the part is actually called, and none of the parts diagrams from Ariens show the part. I can upload a picture with the part and the general area of where it is.

Any help is appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It’s called the friction wheel or friction disc. Ariens part number 04743700. You will find it in the gear case diagram of your parts book.

OdinV

Forum Newbie
Threads
Interesting. I looked and looked and looked over those diagrams. I guess because that drawing wasn't as detailed as the others I just over looked it.

Thank you much!

OdinV

Forum Newbie
Threads
After checking the Ariens site, it says that doesn't fit my model/serial mower. The one listed on that breakdown doesn't look quite the same. But now that I have the name I can use my model/serial number to hopefully find the right one. Thanks for the help guys. If yall can think of a place that might have the part I need I would appreciate it.

Last edited: