MZ54 wont start!

TomFenske

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, i went to start my MZ54 for the year and i got nothin! i have the park brake and all the levers in the right position and its acting like one of them is in the wrong place. I ended up jumping the starter and got the mower running and went to test each of the saftey switches by moving said lever and they are all trying to kill the motor. I thought that the seat switch was bad because when i jump the mower and go to remove the park brake it tries to kill the mower as if noone is in the seat so i thought that it would be the seat switch but i was reading and someone actually said that it would be the park brake switch that is bad in that case? can someone confirm or deny for me? thank you!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
With key switch on do lights come on? If not remove battery & take to auto parts store & ask them to please load test battery for you, should cost you nothing. If you purchase a new battery make sure cold cranking amps, CCA'S, are the same as your old battery or check your Operators Manual for specs.

TomFenske

Forum Newbie
Threads
With key switch on do lights come on? If not remove battery & take to auto parts store & ask them to please load test battery for you, should cost you nothing. If you purchase a new battery make sure cold cranking amps, CCA'S, are the same as your old battery or check your Operators Manual for spec
I have tested the battery and it its good, i believe i got it narrowed down to the park brake switch being bad. i did some jumping last night with the plug and got some good results so i am going to get a replacement park brake switch and hopefully that fixes my issues