My Husqvarna is about “Done” I am looking at the John Deer zero turn

Alweeja

Threads
  • / My Husqvarna is about “Done” I am looking at the John Deer zero turn
Any input on performance? Other good alternatives? I have a 3 acre yard, so I need some size and longevity.

Thanks for the suggestions

D

Deleted member 97405

Assuming your yard is relatively flat, I'd be looking at the Z700 line or Z930M with 60" mower deck. At the VERY least, you could go with a Z540R with 60" mower deck. Any of those models can handle that size of yard. If playing the long, long game, buy a Z930M with 60" mower deck and suspension seat. I own one myself and only mow 3/4 acre! It's overkill but they will last and last, and cost you less money over the long run. I work at a dealership. Hope this helps!

Alweeja

Threads
Wow,

Thanks for the knowledge. I live in Augusta, Ga. Next to John Deere facilitie. My yard is sloping but not hilly. Is John Deere the best supplier for the unit? I would rather get the best unit for my application and pay a little more to get a mower I can Depend on. Does the time I purchase effect the cost? Do you know if there is financing available through John Deere. I will look at the Z930 M with 60” deck.

D

Deleted member 97405

You can finance through John Deere Financial, which the dealer will provide. Right now, most dealers are waiting on their spring '23 order to come in. I would call your local dealer and see what their inventory situation is like and to review the current programs. Programs change every few months, so I don't know what they will be in the spring.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Z930M or Z950M, if you want a John Deere. With a 3 acre yard, a commercial grade mower is the way to go. A suspension seat, 60” deck and a minimum of 25 hp engine.

Alweeja

Threads
That is what I will purchase.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Having worked on a very large number of different mowers there are only two I enjoy working on
Current model JD's
EU imported Husqvarnas
It is the little things that make the big difference
Like just about every fastener being the same size so you can do most jobs with two spanners
So my preference is a JD ( metric fasteners ) with a Kohler ( also metric ) engine.
Then there is things like using coach bolts that are captive, used extensively by JD & Toro so again it is 1 tool on the nut and your finger to hold the head into the square hole .
Penny pinchers that "design" mowers using the minimum sized fasteners in every place are penny wise & pound foolish as that requires a massive inventory of fasteners and tools to fit them
I service a lot of EZ 225's, 255's 335's 355's and it is two spanner job for everything other than the PTO .
When servicing some Husqvarna ZTR's you need 2 people because one person can not hold the bolt head & undo the nut unless they have 8' long arms or 3 elbows
Add to that the excellent quality of the JD technical manual that will allow a person who has never held a spanner in their hand before to do the most complex repair jobs with ease .