my experience with bad boy mowers

buster55

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member here
Just found this website, and this is my thoughts on the bad boy mowers. Back in app 2008 or 9 i was looking for a new mower, looked at several brands, and decided on a bad boy because of the way they were built and the price. They were the cheapest priced and heaviest built mower compared to the others i looked at with the same deck size and engine hp.Also on the aos series you sat much higher on than all the other machines, which made it easier to get on and off of the machine. All these mowers are built basically same. In 2008 or 2009 i purchased a bad boy aos pro series with a 72 inch deck with a 35 hp brigs engine and electric deck.For what i mow, i use the electric deck feature on this machine all the time and love it because i can actually see the movement of the deck height rod. I absolutely hate the deck height system on the outlaw xp that i also own.
I have 775 hours on this mower, and use it just about every week. I have had no problems with this mower outside of replacing blades, 2 deck belts, and all spindle bearings at least once or twice. No problems at all with the motor. The only thing that i don't like about it is the jerky steering on this machine but that is it. In 20015 i needed another mower because we were mowing app 25 to 30 acres, all this is on our own property. We also had a zipper with a 64 inch deck and it was also a trouble free machine. Anyway we (my wife and i bought 2 bad boy outlaw XP with 61 inch decks thinking that i would sell the pro series. Before we bought the machines, and looking them over i hated the electric deck system they went to and the smaller tires they put on the machines.Also you sat much lower on the xp which made it harder to get on and off of, but this was the new machine that was replacing the aso series. The access to the oil filters was a total joke and mentioned this to the salesman. Bought the 2 machines anyway. Bought them in the fall after mowing season and did not use them until the following year. After running one of them the following year, i realized how much i hated the changes they made to the machines. My wife mows with the outlaw XP, which has 393 hours on it now. It has the 37 hp briggs. The only problem we have had with the outlaw is the cheap deck switches that stick in one position and ending up burning up the deck lift actuator, 300 bucks. This machine steers much smoother than the pro series but i hate the smaller tires and the deck lift system and the total joke of the oil filter location. The other xp is still setting in the shop with 0 hrs on it, I would rather use the pro series because you set much higher on the machine and it is a hell of a lot easier for me the get on and off of it. My opinion of the mowers is they are a very good machine and will probably by another because of the price and the way they are built. Looking at a rouge to replace the XP. They went back to the taller tires and it's a heavy built machine but still hate the deck lift design. we mow along a creek with pasture and trees and that is why i use the electric deck lift feature on the aos machine because the grass and weeds are so much different in height and the bigger tires make a huge difference on the ride because what we mow is rough in many areas. All the above is just to show my thoughts about these machines and how many hours you can put on them without many problems, may help some one if they are thinking on purchasing a new mower.

Mower King

Threads
Two thumbs up from me on Bad Boy mowers!

se3388

Threads
I have a 60" ZT Elite with the Kawasaki engine I bought about 2013 and haven't had to do anything to it except new new bearings in the spindles and blades (lot of rocks here).

SDH

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 60" ZT Elite with the Kawasaki engine I bought about 2013 and haven't had to do anything to it except new new bearings in the spindles and blades (lot of rocks here).
Bad Boy is hard to beat. My experience has been good.

Ron3

Threads
I bought a new MZ 42” this year mowed my 1/2 acre subdivision lot with many obstacles 5 times and am completely pleased, have found no problems with it.

SlopeMan2

Threads
Interesting read. I love my '08 Bad Boy with a 26 hp Briggs, and around 1200 hours on it. I put bigger tires on it, and it is doing great. This thing is built like a tank. I also really love the electric lift, while mowing around 80 trees, with some roots 3 or 4 inches high. I just use my finger, watch the dial, and raise the deck momentarily, right over the root, or rock, etc. Never had problem with the lift. It must be a lot cheaper to make one with the springs and leg lift. But, I wouldn't think I would like trading it off for a mechanical lift.

UFLBret

Threads
Just bought a Bad Boy Maverick 54" w/Kawi motor yesterday. I mowed 2.5 of my 5 acres with it yesterday. All I can say is "WOW". Super impressed. Came from a 2019 Gravely ZTX52 and although it was a trouble-free mower, it just isn't in the same class as the Maverick. I really enjoy the suspension bushing system and independent front end. Really makes for a comfortable ride. It's still early for a comprehensive review but as of right now I am very happy with the new mower.