Murray Weird Blade Flange

eca22

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have Murray MNA 152506 20" walk behind recent vintage, with unusual diagonal bosses protruding out of blade mounting flange (see image). I was wondering if I could simply substitute an older Murray Part# 672503MA flange, and it would fit the crankshaft and be of proper length, usable with normal blade?

Attachments

• ksnip_20220503-161227.png
    ksnip_20220503-161227.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
some of those type flange and curve arrangements help create the airflow that lifts the cuttings. I don't know about that one, the photo is too dark, black on black etc.. My Toro Recycler has something similar and it helps with the recycling of the clippings or lifts them into the basket. Some of the newer blades are better at that than the older ones. i would think the later style would be safer too, making it less likely a blade could crack or bend at the mounting point. What would the point be, using an old blade that was laying around than buying a spare? I have a Toro Recycler that I sharpen a couple times a year with a file and stone, it is almost 16 years old and I have yet to need replace it with the spare I bought back then.

Last edited:

eca22

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wanted to revert to the old design because i cant find a mulching blade with those slots. Also, where I can even find the blades, looking at the buyer comments (amazon.com) people say the blades are crappy. Only like one company sells blades with that hole pattern. I thought maybe it was done to force the owner to buy from one or 2 places. I agree with your comments about the slots improving the blades performance though.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have Murray MNA 152506 20" walk behind recent vintage, with unusual diagonal bosses protruding out of blade mounting flange (see image). I was wondering if I could simply substitute an older Murray Part# 672503MA flange, and it would fit the crankshaft and be of proper length, usable with normal blade?
That is the newer style Chinese Murray blade mount. You will find the blade is not available through any source of supply and you will have to do exactly what you are planning with the older blade mount and blade if you want to continue using the mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well that not true. Though they are on back order through Power distributors but if you the following PN you will find several sources at retail..

PN 2105300125A (Hyper Tough PN MNA152701)

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
why not just sharpen the blade that came with it, then balance it?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Maybe more a case of a bent blade. But answer the question any adaptor that is 7/8" should work. May have to shorten it a little as the one mentioned is 2.3" and the engine's PTO shaft is 2.4" so there might be a clearance issue.

eca22

Forum Newbie
Threads
Maybe more a case of a bent blade. But answer the question any adaptor that is 7/8" should work. May have to shorten it a little as the one mentioned is 2.3" and the engine's PTO shaft is 2.4" so there might be a clearance issue.
Is there one you know of thats a direct swap?

Last edited:

eca22

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is the newer style Chinese Murray blade mount. You will find the blade is not available through any source of supply and you will have to do exactly what you are planning with the older blade mount and blade if you want to continue using the mower.
I'm trying to find a flange that is dimensionally same. Do you know of an old P/N?