Murray Rear Engine Mower

Silvergoat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Murray 30 Inch 10 HP Tecumseh Rear Engine Mower. The Model Number I found is 30550B, Engine TVXL220 157243A. I need a manual for this Mower, and I have Blow By, how do I fix Blow By, and a bad carb, where can I find a Carburetor for it? Jeffery Thompson

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
it is normal to get some air pulsing in and out of the dipstick tube. if you think about it, air is being displaced and sucked in with the movement of the piston when you open the dipstick tube... Is it spraying a bunch of oil out?
Carb # is Tecumseh 632690

Silvergoat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Scrubcadet10 Thank you for The Information for a Service Manual, it did answer some question's I have for The Blow By, and the Breather Tube. I also have a Bad Carburetor and need to find one for a Tecumseh 10 HP TVXL220 157243A Engine. A new Carburetor is over $100.00 so far.

Silvergoat

Forum Newbie
Threads
it is normal to get some air pulsing in and out of the dipstick tube. if you think about it, air is being displaced and sucked in with the movement of the piston when you open the dipstick tube... Is it spraying a bunch of oil out?
Yes, It is spraying Oil out of The Breather Tube, and floods the Carb, and sprays Oil all over as I ride it, any ideas on cleaning out the tube?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
There are no "cheap chinese" aftermarkets on amazon that i could find... there are 2 OEM carbs, one for $76 and the other for $84.... what is wrong with the original carb? there is a website that has instructions for cleaning/rebuilding most carbs

Silvergoat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, Oil is spraying out the Breather Tube, and not the dipstick tube.