Attachments Mulch plate for older SCAG SW-48

therman_CT

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an older SCAG SW-48 (serial number between 70000 and 79999). Mower has given me great service and has been well maintained. I recently tried to purchase a mulch plate for the 48-inch deck (Velocity?). I purchase a part #9286 but it doesn't fit my mower. Is there a mulch plate for these older SCAG movers? I've been using mulching blades but haven't ever blocked the outlet chute. Any suggestions?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your machine has an Advantage deck not a Velocity deck. 9286 is a plate for a Velocity deck.
2004 and newer 48" Advantage decks take a different plate than older ones.
Check with a Scag dealer to see what the part number is and if it is still available.

SHVLHEAD

Forum Newbie
Threads
therman, if you find out the part number for the mulching plate that fits your unit, could you share. I have an older unit too (60000-69999) with an Advantage deck and have been interested in purchasing one.

jbrucato

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,
I know this post is older but I was having the same problem finding a mulch plate for my SW-48. I reached out to Scag and they told me the correct part number is 9216. It’s listed for a 32” deck but works with the 48. I just installed it and it fits perfectly! I hope this helps.