MTD Yard-man 20HP Briggs Twin

skidoo_wi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello gentleman, I am looking at a barley used 10 yr old MTD Yard-man Intek 20HP Briggs Twin as a replacement for my current 16HP twin briggs mower. I am wondering if parts would be available if service was needed down the road, and if this would be a good buy at $800.

Any thoughts on if reliability is good? Im wondering if this would be better than the < $1600 mowers currently being offered.

The image I took off the web, its the same model. Kind regards,

Attachments

• yardman.jpg
    yardman.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 13

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post complete model & serial numbers from under seat, thanks, Mark

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Really a nice looking mower. Plenty of power for that sized mower too. Only thing to watch for is that boxed steel front axle setup. Those wear out with that big motor load and drop down, won't swivel like it should. Not sure of the transmission used on that model, but the price looks pretty good.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Don't be afraid to take a peek at things either.

skidoo_wi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the tips. I didnt have the serial number, my father was checking it out for me. I found out it was owned by a 91 yr old gentleman that passed away and after the price was dropped to $700 i pulled the string since i really needed a mower. I read it didnt have a floating deck and indeed it doesnt from what I can tell but not a deal breaker for me. i could not dig up any other dirt on this mower. Rubber is fresh, paint looks new, doesnt have a plastic transmission, and the 20HP Briggs runs really nice. Fingers crossed parts will be available down the road.