MST-205-527D

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I'm replacing the drive belt on this murray and noticed the slop in the shaft coming out of the top of the transmission. I've never seen one wiggle like this before. This can't be anything close to normal or OK, right?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Appears the bearings on the input shaft are roached.

Mower King

Threads
It's bad, are you gonna repair it or replace it?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The kit may be hard to find and/or very expensive, find the model numbers off of the tag on the side of the transmission and post them.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's bad, are you gonna repair it or replace it?

Customer says he got one on another mower. Will find out tomorrow. He's supposed to load it up and bring it to me. The whole mower. Yippy :rolleyes:

Mower King

Threads
Customer says he got one on another mower. Will find out tomorrow. He's supposed to load it up and bring it to me. The whole mower. Yippy :rolleyes:
Well....at least you'll have some other parts on the doner mower, in case you need something else!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As the season slows, have a look at the riders, particularly the older rougher looking ones that look like they might be able to be made run reasonably reliably
The get them running and in season, when you get presented with a nightmare mower you can tell the customer it will probably x months as this is a big job & parts are hard to come by, I can offer you this rough running loan mower.
Thus you don't lose business taking 3 weeks to do a $ 500 repair.
Even better, nearly all of the used mowers I sell are sold this way because they find the rough mower is better than their mower.
Works really well for mowers that are missing hoods which no one ever wants to buy.
I sold 8 Victa super 24's ( 24" push mower ) in the first 2 years because the customer found that the 24" push was actually faster than their current 48" ride on + 21" Self propelled & string trimmer as it cuts 1/4" from walls and nothing stops them on 1/2 to 3/4 acre blocks.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like Tar Baby mower service got another one in the shop. Many years ago i kinda had the mower junkyard thing going on. I don't have a lot of room so i was spending time stripping down mowers and cataloging parts. Then i realized how much non billable time i was spending to have used parts that i lose money on when i use them. So one day loaded up everything and scrapped it. There is an independent shop about 30 miles away that has a huge mower graveyard. Don't know the guy personally but folks looking for used parts i tell them where he is. Most time the mower they want the part for would be a tar baby anyway. Good luck PT with making a few dollars on that one.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like Tar Baby mower service got another one in the shop. Many years ago i kinda had the mower junkyard thing going on. I don't have a lot of room so i was spending time stripping down mowers and cataloging parts. Then i realized how much non billable time i was spending to have used parts that i lose money on when i use them. So one day loaded up everything and scrapped it. There is an independent shop about 30 miles away that has a huge mower graveyard. Don't know the guy personally but folks looking for used parts i tell them where he is. Most time the mower they want the part for would be a tar baby anyway. Good luck PT with making a few dollars on that one.

If I get equipment in the shop that only has one fixable problem, I send out party invitations.