Mower only clicks

Sandblay

Forum Newbie
Threads
I washed my bad boy magnum lawnmower with the hose after mowing and now it only clicks but won’t try to start

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bad electrical connections, either dirty or loose. Start by checking every connection from the battery to the starter. Don’t know which model Chevy you have, nor which engine was put in, maybe someone dropped in a Hemi, but if you do need more help, make sure you tell us the model and serial numbers for the unit, plus all numbers off the engine.

Ron3

Threads
Not a very nice remark. The guy is a newbe

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
But it make us repair shops a lot money.

I would let the mower sit out on hot sunny day to see if things will dry out and start working again.

But we do need the equipment model number from the serial number tag along with the engine numbers so can look up the correct manuals.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ron, if we knew what the piece of equipment was it makes it a lot easier to provide help. I’m a thousand miles away and have no clue what the OP has in front of him. The guy may be a newbie, but that doesn’t mean he can’t help us out so we can help him. I don’t see you offering up a suggestion as to the problem. I’d be glad to help if I knew what he was working on.

Born2Mow

Threads
Another missing Stickie... instructing first time posters to be sure and log the brand, model, model number and some photos.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Another missing Stickie... instructing first time posters to be sure and log the brand, model, model number and some photos.
there is a sticky in the New Members forum.... but hardly anyone looks there.

SamB

Threads
water and mowers don't tend to mix too well... use a leaf blower or compressed air.
Sound advice there. Now a little story...A close friend of mine purchased a brand new tractor style rider. He was very proud of it and washed and waxed it after every mowing. It started to run poorly and finally quit totally. I lived close and said I come over and take a look at it for him. He replied,'no thanks, it's under warranty still, I'll just call the dealer.'
I saw him some time later and asked about the mower. He said it was running fine now,but cost him $200.00+ to get it fixed. It seems every time he washed the mower,he got a bit of water in the fuel tank,till finally it was enough to affect the engine. This was not covered under warranty. TMI,maybe,but from then on,he used his leaf blower on it.
Cleaning the underside of the cutting deck is the one exception to the No Water rule! LOL!

Last edited:

Ron3

Threads
Ron, if we knew what the piece of equipment was it makes it a lot easier to provide help. I’m a thousand miles away and have no clue what the OP has in front of him. The guy may be a newbie, but that doesn’t mean he can’t help us out so we can help him. I don’t see you offering up a suggestion as to the problem. I’d be glad to help if I knew what he was working on.
The guy has a badboy magnum, he washed with a garden hose it is quite obvious the problem. Why would you need numbers. Lol