Mower fuel problem? Carb? Or ?

dtmriley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Who everyone I have a John Deere zero turn model 515e , it is 2 years old with 80 hours. Yesterday when I was mowing and I was done and driving back to garage the tractor started to rev up down up down up down.non stop. Like it was fuel starved.

Today I checked air filter, good. Checked oil good.

Thought maybe my fuel was bad. I have 100 gallon tank that's over year old gas , I mowed 5 times this year already with that gas. But I still drained the zero turn went and bought new gas and fuel additive. Changed fuel filter. And sprayed some carb cleaner after removing air filter.

Still it is acting same way. When idol it goes up down up down non stop. Like it's not getting enough fuel.

I took off line from fuel pump to carb and it's pumping fuel.

Not sure what to look for or think now.

I will say if I have throttle all the way up it's stops the up down rev or if I have choke still out a little bit 1/3 it stops it.

Don't know if that points to anything or not

Any thoughts?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes it is not getting enough fuel so the governor is making it rev up & then it dies again because it is not getting enough fuel.
So either not enough fuel is being put into the air by the carburettor or air is entering the engine between the carb and the inlet valve .
SO you could have debris in the fuel tank
Crud stuck in the idle circuit
Blocked fuel filter
BAd fuel pump ( very very rare )
manifold leak