Mower Bogs when PTO is engaged

mivonne

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was almost done with my 3/4 of an acre lawn when I noticed that my mower was bogging down. Turned off PTO and it picked up speed. As I engage the PTO, the mower bogged again. Need help!!

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was almost done with my 3/4 of an acre lawn when I noticed that my mower was bogging down. Turned off PTO and it picked up speed. As I engage the PTO, the mower bogged again. Need help!!

1)Check for free turning pulleys and spindles...one of the bearings went bad..

2)Check that deck is clean underneath.
They get so built up there is no place for the grass to go and it loads down engine.

Smitty3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Simplicity Broadmore, with 3 seasons on a new Briggs 16HP VTwin complete. Is a great mower, but all of the sudden it began to sputter while cutting, and bogged down with the PTO on. Pulled the deck off, checked and greased all 3 spindles, they all rotate freely with no play in the spindles. Cleaned the deck while i had it off. Put the deck back on.
Pulled entire air cleaner housing off, cleaned everything around the carb, new air filter and wrap. Checked and lubed the carb linkage.
Still bogs down when PTO is engauged. Mowing less the 1 acre. Does anyone else had this problem and ideas to fix?

Smitty3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pulled both plugs, replaced with new. No differant, still bogs down when engaging the PTO. I did notice one plug was dark, wet, and smelled of gas. Other was brown and dry. ?????

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IF it is a v-twin you have one cylinder not working.