Motor reving full throttle, no controll at throttle lever.

Micdj

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Motor reving full throttle, no controll at throttle lever.
Hi there, my first time. My jd 245gt was down, smoking an all that jazz. As not equipped knowledge wise, I decided to put on a new carbie ignition coil plugs and vent tube. Started it up and ran as beautifully as never before But at full bore. Engaged pto and ran beautifully. The cable is moving on the gov plate and throttle lever on carb is moving. Please advise. Thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Assuming you mean the 245 which should have a Kawasaki FC420V engine.

First why change the ignition coil, plugs, and vent tube?

Smoking and all that jazz is not a technical term as it can cover just about everything. Was the oil level extra high. IF so the carburetor could had been leaking fuel into the engine; therefore, oil change is required. Smoking can also be worn out cylinder. Neither affect the actual ignition other than fouling the plugs.

As racing throttle it is mostly that the static governor adjustment got moved and it needs resetting per the service manual for your engine. I have seen Kawasaki engine where static governor setting is only off a small amount that would allow the engine to run normal under load.

Micdj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Assuming you mean the 245 which should have a Kawasaki FC420V engine.

First why change the ignition coil, plugs, and vent tube?

Smoking and all that jazz is not a technical term as it can cover just about everything. Was the oil level extra high. IF so the carburetor could had been leaking fuel into the engine; therefore, oil change is required. Smoking can also be worn out cylinder. Neither affect the actual ignition other than fouling the plugs.

As racing throttle it is mostly that the static governor adjustment got moved and it needs resetting per the service manual for your engine. I have seen Kawasaki engine where static governor setting is only off a small amount that would allow the engine to run normal under load.
Thanks a lot for you reply.