Motor for parts if anyone is interested?

CoopsDad

Threads
Hello, I have a 42" Husqvarna tractor that had a 20HP Intek. single cylinder engine that only had around 200 hours on it. It blew a head gasket 2 years in then a few months ago after driving the mower in to my shed and not having to mow for weeks due to the drought I go to start it and nothing. My neighbor and I tore it down and could not figure out why it wouldn't start so after looking at used and new tractors I decided to just buy a new motor for it since it looks almost brand new any why scrap a nice tractor? I wound up purchasing a replacement 19HP B&S EX1900 that has the exact same displacement as the 20HP Intek and the exact same cover with a different decal.

The motor I took out is in the box the new one came in and I was going to get rid of it but thought someone might have a use for the parts or even the knowledge to fix it and use it. I can say when it blew the head gasket early on the repair shop I used told me it was a known issue and a faulty design B&S was well aware of, could be why I couldn't find any information on that particular motor when it went down back in September. The only thing I had to do was use the original muffler because the new one was too big I would have had to cut into the "hood" of the mower. When it ran it ran well so if anyone has a use for it I am offering it up to any takers. I am in Massachusetts but since it's boxed up I am sure it can be shipped, obviously the taker is prepaying for shipping. Here are some photo's of the tractor and both motors.

I don't know why but it won't let me upload the rest of the pictures but the one here is the motor I will be getting rid of if nobody has a use for it.

View attachment 62220

Attachments

• tractor .pdf
    253.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is very generous of you
When the roads open agin I am sure you will have many takers .

CoopsDad

Threads
That is very generous of you
When the roads open agin I am sure you will have many takers .
I'd rather see someone get some use out of it then take to the junk yard. I'm not mechanical enough to get into the actual cause of the fail. With my luck it's a $20 fix and someone's got a low hour 20hp motor.

Happy Holidays.

CoopsDad

Threads
Shadetree, I don't know why but I cannot attach the actual pictures from my phone but check this out and let me know if this is what you were looking for?

Attachments

• Serial number plate .pdf
    119.6 KB · Views: 42

JoeZ

Threads
I was able to open the link & saw the 2 pictures. I get up to Mass every so often. Next time I am coming up I will message you & pick it up if you still have it. Stay well, Joe Z

mmoffitt

Threads
sounds very fixable!
Happy New Year to All

gwoodyard@hotmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
These engines blow head gaskets because they need cooling time before you shut off the engine

When you shut it off, If you hear creaking metal sounds there’s your head gasket getting destroyed

it only needs 30 seconds to cool down. Lower the idle and wait 30 seconds

yes a design flaw but easily avoided