Most Dangerous Hand Tools

primerbulb120

Threads
Which hand tool is most dangerous for you? By "hand tools" I mean tools that are handheld and hand-powered (like screwdrivers and wrenches.)

My most dangerous hand tool is my largest flatblade screwdriver. I tend to use it as a prybar/wedge, and have hurt myself numerous times when it slipped.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Which hand tool is most dangerous for you? By "hand tools" I mean tools that are handheld and hand-powered (like screwdrivers and wrenches.)

My most dangerous hand tool is my largest flatblade screwdriver. I tend to use it as a prybar/wedge, and have hurt myself numerous times when it slipped.

A claw hammer

Who hasn't hit their thumb.
You also strike something and dangerous pieces fly

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

That is a very good question. Ever thing from a wrench slipping, screwdrivers slipping and jamming into my hand, and a hammer hitting myself. Seeing I have been doing this work all my working life you learn when its going to hurt and you say to yourself STOP before it happens, but it still can. You just have to be on your guard.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
A claw hammer

Who hasn't hit their thumb.
You also strike something and dangerous pieces fly

A claw hammer is for working with wood and nails and you wouldn't find one in my mechanics tool box. Proper tools make for a lot safer work.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
A wood chisel used with a lack of safety knowledge and skill.

Attachments

• two rules.jpg
    two rules.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 18

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
After reading many of the threads on this forum, I would have to say a hand held computer in the hands of many of the posters. I wouldn't want to be within a mile of some of these people. They're an accident waiting to happen. Second on my list is any tool that is starting to show wear. Try to replace as soon as possible.

okiepc

Threads
I would have to say that without a doubt, the number one hand tool that is the most dangerous for me is (wait for it- wait for it) BEER BOTTLE OPENER, that has caused me danger over the years. :laughing::laughing:

Really, I would say screwdrivers. :thumbsup:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Being dumb with razors and box openers has caused me lots of greef

Gcorron

Threads
Can't disagree with any of the above, I've caused blood with all of them!

However, having worked at some of the bigger, global, mega engineering firms, you guys didn't say 'Pencil'! In the wrong hands, they have caused more mayhem than any other single device!

HOW many times, when repairing something have we all said "what idiot designed this piece of ....".

I rest my case.

George

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dull cutting tools cause extra pressure often with bad results. Rounded /stretched wrenches slipping and stripping the knuckles. Hacksaws during final stroke which slam fingers into vise. Any tool dropped onto feet. Yesterday I saw a TV motorcycle mechanic working in sandals. YIKES!