Model 80 Tractor at PA Junkyard

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
I was surprised to see this when I walked into my semi-local junkyard the other day. From my quick research it's from the end of the line for Jacobsen tractors. This one may very well be from the final year as it bears the Textron ID sticker.

JacobsenTractor-2.jpg
JacobsenTractor-1.jpg

NorthBama

Threads
looks to be in good shape hope you get it for scrap price

upupandaway

Threads
On a sidenote, did Jacobsen\Textron ever own Homelite? I ask because someone in my area is selling a Jacobsen\Homelite push mower.

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
On a sidenote, did Jacobsen\Textron ever own Homelite? I ask because someone in my area is selling a Jacobsen\Homelite push mower.
No, the other way around. Textron acquired Jacobsen in 1980 and stuffed it in under the Homelite division which they had previously acquired. They briefly marketed the brand as Homelite-Jacobsen before dropping the Jacobsen name entirely. Then they sold it to John Deere around 2001, who promptly lost a bunch of money with the brand and subsequently sold it to China. A terrible way for a great product/company to get destroyed.

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
I wonder how much of an orphan these things are from a parts-availability standpoint.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Textron did buy Homelite at some point. Probably bailed them out only to plow them under. Homelite used to make a pretty decent chain saw in various sizes and the old used motors were something else on a go kart.

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
A couple more pics. I'm told it can be yours for $100.

JacobsenTractor-3.jpgJacobsenTractor-4.jpgJacobsenTractor-5.jpg

upupandaway

Threads
Thanks guys. Wiki needs updating... I recently saw a push mower with Homelite Jacobsen like the riding mower and was curious as i never heard they were under the same company. With what they did to the Homelite brand, now it seems like lining up a chevette next to a ferrari.